problem with internet explorer 7 and 8 (swf and json ok)

tunabox

Nov 3, 2011, 10:24:33 AM11/3/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
Hi,
I've a problem playing mp3 with IE7 and IE8 with this page:
www.nizu.it/staging/cultodellagrappa/index.php
I checked the swf path and commas..but everything seems ok. I also
analyzed the resources loaded from the F12 tool and swf is loaded
correctly, and I tried using the m4a of the demo, but nothing...

I really appreciate your help :)
Nicola

SK

Nov 18, 2011, 5:55:23 AM11/18/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
I am also having problems playing media-files in IE 7 and IE 8.
The flashplayer gives the following error:

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable ContextMenuClipboardItems is not defined.
    at flash.ui::ContextMenu/initLinkAndClipboardProperties()
    at flash.ui::ContextMenu()
    at Jplayer()

I'm also having this issue on the demo-page so this seems to be a general problem.

SK

Nov 18, 2011, 6:26:59 AM11/18/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.. at least for IE 7 ist seems that this is more of an issue for the IE7-Mode in IE9. The native IE7 plays nicely.

Vince Edwards

Nov 20, 2011, 10:20:48 PM11/20/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Im on IE 8 and have issues.  I cant even view the demo on the main jplayer site (in IE 8)

Vince Edwards

Nov 21, 2011, 3:22:30 PM11/21/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
If I go to http://jplayer.org/latest/demo-01/ in IE 8, it does not work!  Can someone else please confirm this too.

Vince Edwards

Nov 21, 2011, 3:23:42 PM11/21/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
but if I go to http://jplayer.org/ and try that demo (in IE8) it does work!!! (but I notice, its older version).

I am sure, this is a bug.

Vince Edwards

Nov 21, 2011, 3:49:08 PM11/21/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
yay I fixed it myself...

Something is wrong with the 2.1 Jplayer.swf file...

I downloaded the older version of 2.0 from http://jplayer.org/2.0.0/jQuery.jPlayer.2.0.0.demos.zip

used the Jplayer.swf file from this, and it fixed my IE problem!!!

Now it works in IE.

chesterx

Jan 4, 2012, 5:00:58 PM1/4/12
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
thats it bro! thanks

Julius Graakjaer Grantzau

Feb 24, 2012, 7:45:54 AM2/24/12
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to bring up an old subject, but I'm experiencing the same problem just in Safari and Firefox. (It's working fine in IE and Chrome.)

As for Vince Edwards, downloading the older version 2.0 swf fixed the problem ...