jPlayer won't properly initialize

Guyllaume Cardinal

Apr 15, 2014, 3:41:38 PM4/15/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure it's something really silly, and that I'll hate myself for not figuring it out myself, but I've been struggling with jPlayer for more than an hour now and it's silly to waste time like that.

I tried using jPlayer in a website built with Symfony2 and had problem setting it up so I thought maybe doing so in a clean environment would help me. It did not, this is what I get every time I load my page: http://i.imgur.com/TuvXk7l.jpg

Everything is the same folder as the html file, I can't imagine anything wouldn't get loaded. The inspector on Chrome also does not warn me of any resource that did not get loaded.

This is the webpage I'm using to test in a clean environment: http://pastie.org/9082886

There's nothing in there aside from the bare minimum required to play a video, but I still can't manage to get it to work. I'm sure it's something silly, but I really can't figure out what's wrong... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jonathan2

Apr 16, 2014, 4:11:59 AM4/16/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
It's always very difficult to see what's happening without a "live" page - I'm no jPlayer master, but just double check that all the files are actually being served with the correct mime type.

swfPath: "js",

Have you actually got a subfolder folder called js with jPlayer.swf in there?

All of that said, my shot in the dark would be the server response/mime type of the jplayer.js javascript.