In Lab 2, Clicking on Add Owner throws exception

Vino Shan

Jan 10, 2012, 9:52:46 PM1/10/12
to jpassio...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am doing part 3.3 ( Change method body)  of the Lab 2 and when I click on the Add Owner link, it is throwing the following exception.  Could you look into this please?

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [petclinic] in context with path [/petclinic_sdk] threw exception [/WEB-INF/jsp/owners/form.jsp (line: 4, column: 1) "${owner.new}" contains invalid expression(s): javax.el.ELException: Failed to parse the expression [${owner.new}]] with root cause
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /WEB-INF/jsp/owners/form.jsp (line: 4, column: 1) "${owner.new}" contains invalid expression(s): javax.el.ELException: Failed to parse the expression [${owner.new}]
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:41)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:198)

Sang Shin

Jan 11, 2012, 7:19:08 AM1/11/12
to vino...@gmail.com, jpassio...@googlegroups.com
On 1/10/2012 9:52 PM, Vino Shan wrote:
Hi,
I am doing part 3.3 ( Change method body)  of the Lab 2 and when I click on the Add Owner link, it is throwing the following exception.  Could you look into this please?

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [petclinic] in context with path [/petclinic_sdk] threw exception [/WEB-INF/jsp/owners/form.jsp (line: 4, column: 1) "${owner.new}" contains invalid expression(s): javax.el.ELException: Failed to parse the expression [${owner.new}]] with root cause

This problem occurs if you are running the pet clinic application with Tomcat 7.
This has been fixed in all petclinic sample application.  So please download
the new hands-on lab and try it again.

Or you can change "owner.new" to "owner[new]".

-S
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /WEB-INF/jsp/owners/form.jsp (line: 4, column: 1) "${owner.new}" contains invalid expression(s): javax.el.ELException: Failed to parse the expression [${owner.new}]
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:41)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:198)

             Sang Shin, sangshi...@gmail.com
          Founder and Chief Instructor of JPassion.com
        JRebel/LiveRebel Evangelst from ZeroTurnaround.com
http://JPassion.com/portal/instructors/sang-shin-schedule (Bio)
          http://www.javapassion.com/webinars (Webinars)
         http://www.linkedin.com/in/javapassion (Linkedin)
          http://twitter.com/javapassion (Tweeter)