Match/diff at runtime between Jooq generated code and real DB ?

Ronan Michaux

Aug 18, 2016, 5:24:02 AM8/18/16
to jOOQ User Group
Hi,

does it exists a way to check at runtime that the generated Jooq code match the real database in production ?

Regards,
Ronan.

Lukas Eder

Aug 18, 2016, 5:50:05 AM8/18/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronan,

To some extent: Yes. You can compare the generated code with the results of DSLContext.meta().getTables(), for instance.

In jOOQ 3.9, there will be the possibility to export a Catalog / Schema / Table to jOOQ's meta XML format:

This will simplify the job, as the comparison will be text based.

I hope this helps. If you have any specific questions / feature requests about this topic, please let me know
Lukas

Ronan Michaux

Aug 18, 2016, 6:07:38 AM8/18/16
to jOOQ User Group
Thank you, I've started to create a diff between DSLContext.meta().getTables() and fields of Tables.