Jooq is not compiling with Android <=24

christian...@easygoband.com

Jan 30, 2018, 7:55:56 AM1/30/18
to jOOQ User Group
Hi Guys,

We are trying to compile an Android app targeted for SDK <=19.

We get this error: default or static interface method used without --min-sdk-version >= 24 cause of org/jooq/impl/SelectImpl.class.

Is there any know workaround?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Lukas Eder

Jan 30, 2018, 7:59:50 AM1/30/18
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Thanks for your message. Starting with jOOQ 3.7 onwards, the jOOQ Open Source Edition requires Java 8 or more, which is why you're seeing this error. The jOOQ 3.7+ API refers to Java 8 API and language features, which require an SDK version 24 or more in Android:

We still support Java 6 compatible API in the commercial distributions of jOOQ:

I hope this helps,
Best Regards,
Lukas