Syntax error in jOOQ select query

ankitah...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 5:20:24 AM7/21/15
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can someone pls help me the syntax error in the query below?

type Exception report

message SQL [select "empdb"."emp"."id", "empdb"."emp"."name", "empdb"."emp"."city" from "empdb"."emp" where "empdb"."emp"."id" = cast(? as int)]; You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '."emp"."id", "empdb"."emp"."name", "empdb"."emp"."city" from "empdb"."emp" where' at line 1

Any help on this is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ankita

Lukas Eder

Jul 21, 2015, 5:24:36 AM7/21/15
to jooq...@googlegroups.com

Hello Ankita,

(I'm reproducing the same e-mail that I've sent you off this user group):

Thanks for your enquiry. You are not using the MySQL SQLDialect that you should provide your jOOQ Configuration with. This is why SQL standard “double quotes” are generated around your table / column names, instead of MySQL’s vendor-specific `back-ticks`. You’ll find some pointers here:

http://www.jooq.org/doc/latest/manual/sql-building/dsl-context

Cheers,

Lukas