Jooq 3.9.0: Mocking, Cannot convert from 2017-01-03 (class org.joda.time.LocalDate) to class java.sql.Date

noel....@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 10:17:04 AM1/3/17
to jOOQ User Group
I am have the exact some issue as described here with mocking (very powerful by the way!):

I'm using Jooq 3.9.0 on a new project and I'm getting this exact error. I can't see anywhere in the stackoverflow post if it has been fixed or I need to configure it another way. My domain classes are being generated perfectly with LocalDate (and the necessary converters) instead of java.sql.Date with my Gradle build. Do I somehow need to inject my LocalDateConverter info the MockDataProvider of the DSLContext ?

Lukas Eder

Jan 5, 2017, 11:08:25 AM1/5/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your message. That issue hasn't been fixed yet, because unfortunately, there was no GitHub issue (my bad). I have now created one:

Will look into this now and keep you updated

Lukas Eder

Jan 5, 2017, 11:55:03 AM1/5/17
to jOOQ User Group
This is really a bug. I've fixed it and will merge it to 3.9.1

Thanks again for re-reporting this!
Lukas

noel....@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 12:59:41 PM1/5/17
to jOOQ User Group
Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your quick reaction, looking forward to the fix. Have you an ETA for 3.9.1 and then I can immediately test it for you.

Rgds,
Noel.

Lukas Eder

Jan 5, 2017, 1:17:39 PM1/5/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
No date yet, but if you're interested in testing against 3.10.0-SNAPSHOT (to be built off github), that would be really wonderful!

noel....@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2017, 2:20:47 AM1/6/17
to jOOQ User Group
Hi Lucas,

I took the patched version of the org.jooq.tools.jdbc.MockResultSet from the GitHub issue/commit and put it in my class path. My unit tests are now running perfectly. When the 3.9.1 release is out I'll remove it again.

I think you quick reactions and feedback will be a major help in extending the popularity of Jooq, so again, many thanks.

Rgds,
Noel.

Lukas Eder

Jan 6, 2017, 6:02:20 AM1/6/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your feedback, Noel. I'm glad that fix works for you now!

Cheers,
Lukas