org.jooq.util.GenerationTool & password prompt?

er...@eluvio.com

Jul 14, 2016, 3:06:10 AM7/14/16
to jOOQ User Group
Trying to find an answer in https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOQ/blob/master/jOOQ-codegen/src/main/java/org/jooq/util/GenerationTool.java but not quite seeing one.

Ideally I'd like to check into our local git repo a jooq-config.xml, but not the password (and simply have a command line prompt?)

Thoughts appreciated,

Eric

Lukas Eder

Jul 14, 2016, 3:31:07 AM7/14/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Patching is one option, of course. Another is to call the GenerationTool programmatically. You can load the jooq-config.xml with JAXB, and modify the org.jooq.util.jaxb.Configuration.getJdbc() object manually, reading the password from the prompt (or some other source)

More information about programmatic code generator configuration can be found here:

Hope this helps,
Lukas