jooq > 3.8 how to avoid print fully qualified (with catalog) names on queries

Denis Miorandi

Oct 16, 2016, 5:19:17 AM10/16/16
to jOOQ User Group
Hi Lukas,

I'm moving from jooq 3.7 to 3.8. Actually catalog names are different from dev, test, and production servers (DB can be SQLSERVER or POSTGRES)
On 3.7 my code work on all environments cause no catalog information is printed on queries, so connection string address to right catalog.
Moving to 3.8 I suspect that generated code (on test db) will not work on production db (different catalog).

How can I face this? Is it possible configure jooq to work without print fully qualified (catalog part) names? Or may I pass catalog name as parameters to configuration?
Are there any other solutions to this?

Tks

Denis

Lukas Eder

Oct 17, 2016, 2:49:13 PM10/17/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Denis,

The easiest way to work around this would be to use Settings.renderCatalog to turn off the generation of catalog names.:

Unfortunately, we've added catalog support in jOOQ 3.8 without supporting code generator catalog mappings, which will be supported in jOOQ 3.9 only:

I hope this helps for the time being,
Best Regards,
Lukas

Denis Miorandi

Oct 18, 2016, 2:42:06 AM10/18/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
got it. Tks Lukas, I didn't know about render catalog flag. This is enough waiting for 3.9.

Dott. Denis Miorandi
via dei Vignai 27
38060 - Nogaredo (TN)