Vertx and jOOQ

jklingsporn

Nov 3, 2016, 12:32:06 PM11/3/16
to jOOQ User Group
Hi there,

I created a small library that connects two frameworks I used a lot recently: vertx and jOOQ. Vertx calls itself a "reactive tool-kit for the JVM" and encourages asynchronous programming style. Together with the power of the jOOQ-CodeGeneration, my library creates vertixified DAOs and POJOs, so you can convert your POJOs from/into vertx' JsonObjects and can access the DAOs CRUD-methods asynchronously (using vertx' executeBlocking-method). The project is not (yet) on maven central and only available on github since I want to collect some feedback first.

Best,
Jens

Lukas Eder

Nov 7, 2016, 6:58:09 AM11/7/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

Thanks a lot for sharing this. This is certainly very interesting to quite a few users, and I also do believe that a type safe API like jOOQ fits well in the world of asnychronicity, where it might be tricky to keep track of SQL result set types if you don't have something like jOOQ.

I'd be very curious about some more examples showing actual usage. I checked the test cases, but having some very compelling examples in the README.md would be great!

Cheers,
Lukas

jklingsporn

Nov 7, 2016, 9:41:44 AM11/7/16
to jOOQ User Group
Thanks for your feedback, Lukas. I'll try to work on it asap.