Generator for JavaFX beans ?

g.peter...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2016, 1:21:32 PM4/26/16
to jOOQ User Group
Hi,

is there anything planned or on the way to generate, beside POJOs, also JavaFX beans with *Property declarations ?

Thank you, Peter

Lukas Eder

Apr 27, 2016, 6:33:25 AM4/27/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

No, currently, no such thing is planned or available. I'd be a bit wary of adding out-of-the-box support for this, as such an implementation would be very opinionated about how those properties would be modeled - but I don't know JavaFX well enough to say whether it would still be a good idea.

Of course, the JavaGenerator can be extended rather easily in order to add such generated beans. I'll be very happy to assist with that, if that's a path you'd be willing to take.

Best Regards,
Lukas

g.peter...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2016, 8:43:12 AM4/27/16
to jOOQ User Group
Dear Lukas,

yes, I already had a look into the source and it can be "easily" done. I'll get back if I get in trouble ;-)

Thank you, Peter

Lukas Eder

Apr 27, 2016, 10:14:32 AM4/27/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Yes, code generation has a different scale of "easy", I know :)

Christian Master

Apr 16, 2017, 5:09:07 AM4/16/17
to jOOQ User Group
Hi,
any news on the JavaFx Property topic?
Would be great for DB & JavaFx apps.
Thx.

Lukas Eder

Apr 16, 2017, 6:02:28 AM4/16/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Thank you very much for your message and for following up on this discussion.

As I had mentioned about a year ago, an out-of-the-box implementation might not be too good of an idea as it would be quite opinionated about how to integrate jOOQ with JavaFX, so this got off our radar again.

But perhaps, we're missing out on some really low hanging fruit? Do you have any specific ideas about what you might expect?

Best Regards,
Lukas