org.jooq.example.db.* error import in Eclipse IDE

Betto McRose DEV

Jul 5, 2016, 2:42:28 PM7/5/16
to jOOQ User Group
Hi all

every single example project I import into Eclipse IDE gave me this error: The import org.jooq.example.db cannot be resolved

I cannot find anywhere how to import it

thanks

Lukas Eder

Jul 6, 2016, 4:11:15 AM7/6/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hello Betto,

In most examples, we didn't include the generated code in our git repositories. The idea is that you build the examples using Maven as instructed in the README.md files. The Maven build of each example project will then

1. Setup the example database
2. Run the jOOQ code generator that produces the org.jooq.example.db.* classes

For instance, the JavaFX example:

In order to build / run it, run these commands on your command line:

$ pwd
/path/to/checkout/dir
$ cd jOOQ-examples/jOOQ-javafx-example
$ mvn clean install

I hope this helps. Let me know if you encounter any further issues and I'm very happy to assist.
Lukas

Betto McRose [icarus]

Jul 6, 2016, 9:56:41 AM7/6/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
hi Lukas, thanks for replay

yep, "in some way" it helped :D

because I don't have and I cannot install maven in my OS (no ask please, jaja) I imported root project into eclipse, "run as" maven clean, then maven install and voila!

thanks again

Betto McRose
Java/JavaEE Developer

Betto McRose [icarus]

Jul 6, 2016, 10:02:19 AM7/6/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
well, I did not work so well I see now
1st, I imported 'jooq-jax-rs-example' as maven project, no problem at all
2nd, the same way 'jooq-spark-example' and I still have the error
just in case, I imported 'jooq-javafx-example' project... same error :'(

Lukas Eder

Jul 6, 2016, 10:17:04 AM7/6/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry for that. All our examples require Maven. It seemed like such a wide spread standard in most environments that we haven't thought of alternative models. After all, the Spark example for instance uses the Spark Java dependency, which again depends on Jetty. If we wanted to manually maintain all those dependencies in the examples, we'd be doing a lot of work that could be avoided.

Betto McRose [icarus]

Jul 6, 2016, 10:29:44 AM7/6/16
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
I understand, so I will try at home then

thanks again