No suitable driver found for jdbc:redshift://abc.redshift.amazonaws.com/123

athens...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2017, 2:12:33 AM4/4/17
to jOOQ User Group

Hello,

For reading and writing to aws redshift do I need the professional or the the enterprise version? I get this from my lambda function. I’m not sure what’s causing this.

Opening JDBC connection to Redshift via JOOQ

Exception reading record. Exception: SQL [Error when initialising Connection]; No suitable driver found for jdbc:redshift://abc.redshift.amazonaws.com/123

Thanks

Lukas Eder

Apr 4, 2017, 2:23:58 AM4/4/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The professional edition (or the trial edition) is sufficient for accessing your Redshift instance. However, it looks as though your JDBC driver might not have been class-loaded yet. What's the Java logic that you used to get to this error?

Did you also run the following?

Class.forName("com.amazon.redshift.jdbc41.Driver"); // Replace by your version of the driver

Best regards,
Lukas