New messages with PostgresDatabase to XMLDatabase generator in 3.10.0

Daniel Einspanjer

Oct 7, 2017, 4:34:15 PM10/7/17
to jOOQ User Group
I reported a couple of small issues I found solutions for when attempting to upgrade to 3.10, but there are a couple of remaining messages that I'm not sure about.

In the console output for the maven plugin, after all the normal output, I see these two lines:

[INFO] Missing name             : Object device_alias_type_to_text holds a column without a name at position 1
[INFO] Missing name             : Object hierarchy holds a column without a name at position 1

I recognize "device_alias_type_to_text" as a function in my schema, but "hierarchy" could be one of several different objects, a column name or a view or maybe a type.

Could you clarify a bit more what exactly these messages are warning me of, and how I can track down the problem to resolve it?

-Daniel

Lukas Eder

Oct 9, 2017, 6:22:36 AM10/9/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your message. Indeed, this message deserves some additional clarification as the code generator "knows" what the object really is. It should add

- Object type
- Full qualification

I've added a feature request for this:

From what I've seen so far, it is mostly a routine, but in principle, it could also be any of:

- UDT (unnamed attribute)
- Table (unnamed column)
- Index (unnamed column expression)
- Sequence (?)

I hope this helps,
Lukas

Daniel Einspanjer

Oct 9, 2017, 7:00:53 AM10/9/17
to jOOQ User Group
Ah, now I get it. these are things like a stored parameter argument that was not given an explicit name.  So I should look at the generated code to see what jooq actually did with it.

Thanks!

Lukas Eder

Oct 9, 2017, 7:14:38 AM10/9/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Yes, exactly. There should be a generated __1, __2, etc. parameter name. The INFO log message is there to track down some issues where such parameters are defaulted, and then jOOQ cannot send them to the server unless an explicit value is given (if I remember correctly).