Depends jOOOQ on column order ?

g.peter...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2015, 3:55:10 AM11/22/15
to jOOQ User Group
Hi all,

quick question: depends jOOQ on the table'e columns order ? If I have code generated and change afterwards only the order of the columns in the table (eg. by table recreation on postgresql) must I re-generate and recompile the code ?

I ask this, because I see all this field*() and value*() methods in the generated code.

Thanks!

Lukas Eder

Nov 22, 2015, 6:05:51 AM11/22/15
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

jOOQ certainly uses column order information in the code generator. And then, when you run your select queries and select all columns from a table, jOOQ will generate column references in the same order.
But nothing in jOOQ will depend on this order. All the mappings are done by column name, so you'll always be on the safe side.

Hope this helps,
Lukas

g.peter...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2015, 12:51:07 PM11/22/15