CLT Meeting Notes

Olaf Offick

Aug 21, 2013, 4:02:19 PM8/21/13
to joomla-wg...@googlegroups.com

CLT Meeting Notes - May 2013

  • Wednesday, May 15th 2013

    • Participants: Peter Martin, Sander Potjer, Olaf Offick, Isidro Baquero, Ruth Cheesley, Guillermo Bravo

    • Absent: Brad Baker

  • Wednesday, May 22nd 2013

    • Participants: Peter Martin, Olaf Offick, Isidro Baquero, Ruth Cheesley, Brad Baker

    • Absent: Sander Potjer, Guillermo Bravo

Scheduled length of time: 2 hours

Agenda Items & minutes:

A. Progress Overview of CLT managed sub-sites:

  1. JED

    1. Search results and the search will be discussed in the new JED team meeting

    2. JED Team is reviewing the ToS

    3. JED was scanned and no real issues were found. We will look into using this tool for other sites as well (if this would apply).

  2. JRD

In general there is a JRD budget, but we would need to know more specific proposal, to see where the money is spent on. However, we usually don't spend money for work that can be done by Joomla community volunteers

  1. Forum

JPeople is archived. Untranslated icons and untranslated strings in other languages is something which will be discussed in the Global Moderator Meeting (at JaB).  We will investigate if it might be useful to let local Moderators to make topics sticky themselves and/or add a Share Post button to share posts or links to posts on other sites and social networks.

  1. community.joomla.org site

Beautify links to forum posts in blog posts:
New discussion buttons will be added to the design wishlist for the community.joomla.org site.

  1. JCM

Spanish JCM version is a great success.  It might be a good idea to look at replicating this for other languages as well.

  1. JUG’s
    Nice to see another JUG formed. New JUGs should follow the example of the JED and approve new JUG, if there are any TM issues, the TM  team will contact the listing owner separately.

############################# End of 1st Part ###################################

  1. Events
    JDay Kenya secured a venue and sponsors.

JDay UK is looking for a cheaper option for a London Venue. Otherwise the JDay will have to be sponsored quite heavily.

JDay Spain started to get organized and several Joomla! Leadership members will join on the Friday 26th & Saturday 27th September 2013,  http://www.joomladayspain.org/docs/JoomlaDay!2013-patrocinio-empresas-en.pdf

Joomla event at University of Granada to talk to students about Joomla. The university is committed to open-source and interested in creating a Joomla Course for the students which would be an equivalent of 4 ECTS credits.

Joomla!Day Switzerland have all their sponsors and speakers lined up,  (21st September 2013)

  1. joomla.org

Joomla.org homepage is now valid HTML

  1. Showcases (http://community.joomla.org/showcase)
    Isidro is new CLT Liaison who will help the Showcase team and the team leader Ron.

  1. LinkedIn & Facebook & Google+

Brad is now an admin on our LinkedIn page. Patrick was added as an admin as well.

YouTube is now linked as well, and a new custom URL is setup as well: www.google.com/+joomla

  1. Volunteers Portal

We are currently working on finalizing the proposal for this portal. This document will be shared with the CLT before the JAB so it can be discussed at our meeting. At JAB there will be a session to present and discuss the idea with the community.

B. Other

  1. Removed People account from Analytics

To comment on this, please discuss this here:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=704&t=801494