PNWPHP Conference

jessica...@community.joomla.org

Aug 6, 2015, 6:13:51 PM8/6/15
to Joomla Leadership Team
Hi Can someone from OSM help me get an invoice paid for PNWPHP Conference that the Joomla is sponsoring?

Jessica Dunbar

Aug 6, 2015, 6:37:02 PM8/6/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Also, other working group members need assistance with:
- our eventbrite is currently locked because invoices haven’t been paid
- our sponsorship for the jQuery conference is due

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 5:13 PM, <jessica...@community.joomla.org> wrote:
> Hi Can someone from OSM help me get an invoice paid for PNWPHP Conference
> that the Joomla is sponsoring?
>
> --

Jessica Dunbar - Marketing Lead
@jessicadunbar on Twitter
A: I'm an email ninja.

Ronni Christiansen

Aug 7, 2015, 10:33:20 AM8/7/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Since there seems to be massive rumors ongoing i would like to formally and official point out that there is NO budget freeze or payment freeze.

There is a vacation season on and some things may be delayed - given the processes are what they are today.

If you need payment processing i would as always suggest to email the treassurer.

Jessica Dunbar

Aug 7, 2015, 12:31:27 PM8/7/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
I emailed the treasure he's on a long vacation. do we have someone
that can help me pay the invoices listed in my above messages? if not,
why?

Ronni Christiansen

Aug 7, 2015, 1:08:43 PM8/7/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
The treasurer is on a 3 weeks vacation as his auto signature also explains.

He is back in ½ a weeks time.

At the time he went on vacation all requests had been handled and there was nothing in the queue (with the exception of 1 eventbrite payment which had not been paid due to a mistake and 1 payment to a jQuery conference which had a problem with the invoice) - beyond that there was no open or due payments in the queue.

The team does indeed have 2 other members (Martijn and Viktor) but both are European and after having a lot of issues with the bank last year and trying to expand the access etc. to also include them they answer has been that they can not get access as they aren ot US Citizens.

Thats where it stands now.

At the next OSM Meeting i know that Sarah and Victor are going to adress to expand the team with 1 or more members that have residency in the US so it will be possible to have multiple people handling payments - and its not stuck on 1 person who cant even go on vacation for 3 weeks without the World Falling down ;)

In summarization:

1) Payments will be processed as normal from ½ a week from now and onwards.

2) In near future a process for adding more US based members to the team and getting them cleared and approved will be started.

Ps. I got all of this info by asking on GLIP channels today - i am confident that you are equally welcome to raise more questions there should you have the need :)

Jessica Dunbar

Aug 7, 2015, 3:55:57 PM8/7/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for explaining and clearing up the payment information to me and the community who also might be waiting for reimbursement.

P.S. In the spirit of transparency I'll continue to post on the public channels and I encourage you to do the same:)

Victor Drover

Aug 8, 2015, 12:03:22 AM8/8/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Not sure who is spreading rumors, but I'll take time away from my vacation to clear things up:

1. jQuery is an ongoing banking issue that has been in progress for some time. Not sure why folks are so interested in the inner workings of the global wire transfer system and how difficult and slow it can be to troubleshoot, but nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

2. PNWPHP sponsorship invoice was received 2 weeks back with no due date specified. I've just scheduled the payment which will likely take place on Monday, 10-Aug.

3. We changed the way fees are collected for Eventbrite, and that inadvertently led to a backlog of three monthly payments totaling about $50. I paid those a few days ago. The end result was that the JWC15 team had to wait a few days to manage/view ticket sales. Ticket sales themselves were not affected nor interrupted in any way.

4. When I left for vacation, every single reimbursement request had either been processed, or sent to the bank for processing. Since then, I have received 6 more that will not be processed until I return. One of these is a bit large (~$1000), contains hotel and airfare expenses (those are better covered on Orbitz), has a receipt that appears to include alcohol, and also has personal and PBF expenses mixed in. This will require a more detailed examination to sort out.

I hope this explains all the questions raised.

However, I do not see anything above that justifies all the rumors and apparent outrage on twitter, and the interruption of a much-needed vacation.

Sincerely,
-V

Jessica Dunbar

Aug 8, 2015, 12:21:27 AM8/8/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com

Thank you. For taking the time to get that taken care of.

If you need me to submit the PBF and personal expenses separate I can do that. I understood you only provide 1 reimbursement per event. Booking the flight and hotel through Orbitz was  more expensive. If a drink with dinner is not allowed for anyone then remove it.

Jessica Dunbar

Aug 8, 2015, 12:35:56 AM8/8/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com

Vic, thanks again for taking care of the invoices. I wasn't expecting you to do that while on vacation. I was expecting someone in OSM to help you out in your absence.  I should have made that clear in my original message.

Victor Drover

Aug 8, 2015, 2:22:35 AM8/8/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
We originally tried to get Sarah as a joint "banker" but Citibank failed to make it happen despite the crazy paperwork we had to file.

I'll be in touch about any reimbursement issues when i get back and have a chance to look things over carefully.