Assistant Treasurer appointment discussion - Thomas Hampton

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 11, 2011, 12:38:05 PM7/11/11
to Joomla Leadership
Hi Joomla leadership,

After a detailed search and review by the OSM Board of Directors, lead
by OSM Treasurer Paul Orwig, it's my pleasure to share with you my
recommended appointment for OSM Assistant Treasurer: Thomas Hampton.
This position is not a board member position, but is rather a high-
level volunteer staff position within OSM. More information on the
roles and responsibilities of this position can be found on this
public document at http://bit.ly/pvKkBl.

Thomas has graciously answered my questions for him, below, provided
for your thoughts and input as well.

I'll keep this thread open until July 14, 2011 at 5pm ET (New York
time), and then, unless there is significant reasons against it, I
will officially appoint Thomas to the position of Assistant Treasurer
within OSM.

Thank you all for your thoughts, questions and input!

Best,
Ryan

Assistant Treasurer (http://bit.ly/pvKkBl)
Thomas Hampton

1. What professional experience do you bring to this leadership
position?

I have a BA degree in Finance with additional 21 accounting hours.
The first half of my career was a 10 year accounting track of
Financial Analyst, Assistant Controller, and Controller.  During this
time I managed accounting processes and lead teams from five to twenty
people.   I then moved on to a 12 year consulting career as a
financial lead implementing ERP software.  I lead financial teams
designing and implementing financial and supply chain solutions for
global corporations.  I worked extensively with team members from on
over 12 countries during this time. I am currently an IT Corporate
Business Analyst as a liaison between the business users and IT.

2. What are some measureable results/success of your past experience?

##Multinational ERP Implementation – Personal Products Industry /
Consumer Goods Sector ##

Reduced operations resource cost by $1.1 million, reduced global chart
of accounts by 40%, reduced reports inventory by 30%, implemented
single system with enhanced functionality.

## Multinational ERP Implementation with Legal Restructuring – Drug
Related Products Industry / Healthcare Sector ##
Reduced US tax rate from 35% to 8% Switzerland rate, reduced number of
chart of accounts by 30%, retired legacy global custom commission
payment application and implemented process and reporting
functionality including local regulatory compliance in ERP system.

## Not for Profit Industry / Consumer Goods/Retail/Grant Sector ##
Ability for ”on demand” department profit and loss statements.
Eliminated manual recording of sales transactions for 16 retails
stores.

3. What are your goals within this leadership position?

My goal is to provide timely, accurate deliverables that add value to
overall goal of the mission.

4. How will you build/sustain a team of volunteers that will aid your
efforts?

I will demonstrate a high level of integrity and character in order to
motivate others to provide high quality work.  Also I will have clear
communication to others based on the information I have to ensure
others feel informed regarding the impact of their actions.

5. How much time can you give to this particular position, per week?

I can give a minimum of 5 hours and a maximum of 10 hours.

Ryan Ozimek
President
Open Source Matters (Joomla's non-profit organization)
Email: ryan....@opensourcematters.org
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cozimek

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 17, 2011, 9:13:06 AM7/17/11
to Joomla Leadership
Hi everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I officially appoint and congratulate
Thomas Hampton as our OSM Assistant Treasurer, a new volunteer staff
position within OSM!

@Thomas:  congratulations on the appointment, let us know how we can
help you be successful in your position!

I will be making a blog post soon to announce this to the community
more generally.

Sincerely,
Ryan

On Jul 11, 12:38 pm, Ryan Ozimek <ryan.ozi...@opensourcematters.org>
wrote:
> Hi Joomla leadership,
>
> After a detailed search and review by the OSM Board of Directors, lead
> by OSM Treasurer Paul Orwig, it's my pleasure to share with you my
> recommended appointment for OSM Assistant Treasurer:  Thomas Hampton.
> This position is not a board member position, but is rather a high-
> level volunteer staff position within OSM.  More information on the
> roles and responsibilities of this position can be found on this
> public document athttp://bit.ly/pvKkBl.
> Email: ryan.ozi...@opensourcematters.org
> Twitter:http://www.twitter.com/cozimek

Matt Lipscomb

Jul 18, 2011, 11:05:21 AM7/18/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the team, Thomas and thanks for being a volunteer!

~Matt

Sandra Warren

Jul 18, 2011, 12:10:46 PM7/18/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Thomas

Thank you for volunteering for service at this position.  Great to have you aboard!!!
Sandra

> Twitter:http://www.twitter.com/cozimek

Paul Orwig

Jul 18, 2011, 1:08:40 PM7/18/11
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Welcome aboard Thomas! I am looking forward to working with you and I appreciate your desire to serve the Joomla! community in this volunteer role!

Thanks,

paul