To Infinity & Beyond

David Hurley

Mar 6, 2015, 8:29:52 AM3/6/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com

Everyone,

Well, the time has come! As many of you are probably well aware the Mautic community launch has proven to be incredibly successful. Perhaps even more successful than I originally imagined! As a result I am thrilled to be able to continue to be involved helping that community to grow based on what I’ve learned and seen in Joomla! and other open source communities. I believe we have many great things ahead of us with Mautic and with marketing automation and even more importantly through the power of open source.

As a result of this continuing effort on my part I fully acknowledge and realize I must continue along the path I originally defined several months ago. As I shared previously I am now stepping down from my role as a production leadership team member effective immediately. I will continue in my role as community development manager. I believe this will allow me the greatest opportunity to continue to promote and encourage the Joomla community and beyond. I look forward to continuing my volunteer efforts in this regard and I am happy to be able to continue to work alongside each of you in this volunteer effort.

I have nothing to offer but my thanks, my deepest heartfelt thanks to each of you who have played such an instrumental role in my life and I look forward to this next phase as we work side-by-side to promote and encourage the use of open source for the future of the Internet and for the good of everyone. As my son would say, in the words of Buzz Lightyear, to infinity and beyond! :)

--
dbh

jessica...@community.joomla.org

Mar 6, 2015, 12:21:50 PM3/6/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
David,
I am so thankful for the time you took to help bring marketing and coders together. Because of that I'm able to write you on this mailing list.
Your time spent in meetings, phone calls, and travels paid off. Thanks to you the marketing team is where it is today.
David, steady contributors like you are worth their weight in gold. I wish we had more with your kindness, dedication, and passion.
I'm grateful to have you as our development manager.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Jess

Sarah Watz

Mar 8, 2015, 11:41:19 AM3/8/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
David,

A heartfelt thank you for your time in the leadership.

I'm happy to hear that you will stay active in the community continuing to share your passion for Joomla with the Joomla community and with others not yet familiar with Joomla.

I look forward to meet you in Kenya in the end of the week :)

With warmth,
Sarah

Sarah Watz
President, Open Source Matters, Inc.