Leadership feedback requested on Structural Change Proposal

Alice Grevet

Feb 4, 2015, 5:05:27 PM2/4/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
This email was sent to the leadership teams yesterday - reposting to the public list, minus the link to the document.

----------------------

Dear LT members,

The Structural Team invites you to look at our revision of the structural change proposal shared with the working groups in October. This revision is based on feedback from leadership members and working group members. We have closely examined and considered the alternative proposals put forth at the JWC.

There are still a few open comments on the document, but are sharing it with you all now as we are very close to finalizing this version. Even once this version is “finalized”, that does not mean it won’t change anymore - it means it is a version ready to share for another round of feedback - right now from the leadership, and next from the community. We are still 6 phases from a vote, according to our timeline.

We have taken care to address the following items:
  • the roles of an ombudsman and advisory board
  • elaboration of an election process
  • internationalization
  • the definition of Department Coordinators
  • the formation and removal of teams & subteams
  • the choice of what to call the different roles and levels in a new structure
  • and the role/placement of the Board of Directors
The PLT has had a lot of turnover in recent weeks and the release of 3.4 is imminent - for those perfectly understandable reasons, PLT input in this document has been low. We have tried to adjust the timeline to allow time for PLT members to participate in this process. If we need to, we’ll adjust it again:
  • January 31 - February 10: Leadership and Marketing revision.
  • February 11 - 25: Translation teams start translating the proposal, publishing the revised Joomla structure proposal in multiple languages.
  • February 26 - March 10: Public discussion and feedback from the community as a whole.
  • March 11 - 18: Structure Team to discuss feedback from the community, and if necessary make additional revisions to proposal.
  • March 19 - 26: Leadership team members discuss the final proposal.
  • March 27 - April 3: Leadership team members vote on the proposed Joomla structure.
  • April 4: Publish a blog with the results of vote and the next steps.
So from now until February 10, we invite you to take time to read over the document, make comments, and share your feedback.

This round of feedback is for the leadership and marketing teams only. We ask you not to share this document, or information from this document, until we enter the phase for public discussion, which is now scheduled to begin on February 26.

Here is the link - you will need to request access in order to view/comment:

[LINK REMOVED]

Thank you!

Best regards,

Alice Grevet, on behalf of the Structural Team