New User Registration Email

Tom Hutchison

Jan 1, 2014, 3:30:44 PM1/1/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
Here is a copy of the new user registration emails sent to new account on docs. The email itself is pure plain text for maximum usability on all email clients. Comments or changes welcome.

Thanks
Tom

New email...

Hello {New User Account Name},

Welcome to Joomla! Documentation. Your new account activation is almost complete.

You must confirm your email by clicking on the activation link below:

link to confirmation

This confirmation code will expire at {future time in system} (UTC).

Confirming your email address will allow you to:
* edit pages on Joomla Documentation
* get a password reminder emailed to you if you forget your password
* exchange emails with other Joomla Documentation editors
* receive notifications about activity on Joomla Documentation relevant to you, such as when someone leaves you a message or you watch pages

------

Helpful tips so you have a positive experience on Joomla! Documentation.

-- Make sure you have read, http://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:Wiki_policy

-- Before your first edit? Read http://docs.joomla.org/User:Abuse_filter

-- Join the Joomla documentation mail list, http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-docs. It's a great place to ask questions.

Above all, have fun!

Thanks!
The Docs Team

------
If you did *not* register the account, you can ignore this email or follow the link below to cancel the this activation confirmation:

link to cancel

----
Tom Hutchison
Joomla! Production Leadership Team

Brian Teeman

Jan 1, 2014, 3:41:47 PM1/1/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
Can I suggest a small change

On Wednesday, 1 January 2014 20:30:44 UTC, Tom Hutchison wrote:
New email...

Hello {New User Account Name},

Welcome to Joomla! Documentation. Your new account activation is almost complete.

Before you can do anything you must ....

Tom Hutchison

Jan 1, 2014, 7:27:35 PM1/1/14
to joomla-docs
Sure Brian, thanks for the feedback. I'll make the changes to the email body.

Another small improvement I made last night. Emails show from Joomla! Documentation now, not Mediawiki  mail.

Thanks
Tom

---
Tom Hutchison
Joomla! Production Leadership

Robert Vining

Jan 2, 2014, 2:56:57 AM1/2/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
Also, if this is plain text emails, a link that shows like this:

link to confirmation

Won't actually be a link in plain text... it will be plain text.

If there is any way possible to generate the actual link there, it would be much better.

Tom Hutchison

Jan 2, 2014, 7:08:53 AM1/2/14
to joomla-docs
Thanks, but they are a link. That's just me, should have wrapped them in {} for clarity.

Tom

---
Tom Hutchison
Joomla! Production Leadership

Robert Vining

Jan 2, 2014, 6:22:04 PM1/2/14
to jooml...@googlegroups.com
ah... got it. Thanks for the clarification.