Ideas for the Framework to be done during Google Summer of Code 2013

Javier Gómez

Mar 10, 2013, 6:21:36 AM3/10/13
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
As you may know we are working yet in Google Summer of Code 2013: http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1727-joomla-project-to-apply-for-gsoc-2013.html . Google Summer of Code is a global program that offers post-secondary student developers ages 18 and older stipends to write code for various open source software projects.

Last year we had very successful incomes to the Joomla Platform project thanks to it ( see Chad's Joomla World Conference session about it: http://conference.joomla.org/speakers/session/session/83-joomla-and-google-summer-of-code-2012.html ).

WE NEED YOU! we want you to write ideas in the 2013 wiki page, specifically in the "Framework ideas: http://docs.joomla.org/GSOC_2013_Project_Ideas#Joomla_Framework"

We are not asking you that you become a mentor (that you also can) but we are just asking that you just take 10 minutes to write an idea that can improve Joomla!.

Please, add now your ideas here: http://docs.joomla.org/GSOC_2013_Project_Ideas (see last year ideas here http://docs.joomla.org/GSOC_2012_Project_Ideas ).

Thanks very much ^_^

Javier Gómez

Mar 13, 2013, 2:40:23 PM3/13/13
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For the ones that would like to be mentors, please remember to fill the mentors form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHA2V1lJbThYQXpwMERiRG1FOTZlV3c6MA

Also remind you that you can joint the specific group for GSoC 2013 Mentors & Students: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/joomla-gsoc-2013

And finally, for those of you that have proposed a project idea and want to offer yourself to become mentor of it, feel free to add your name just like Mark Dexter have done here: http://docs.joomla.org/GSOC_2013_Project_Ideas#Project:_Webdriver_system_tests_for_CMS

Thanks ^_^