Custom list field country

ino

Jul 13, 2017, 9:08:51 AM7/13/17
to Joomla! General Development
Hello,
I would like a suggestion if it is best to install a table on the joomla core or an xml file from a list of countries, so that you can call up the list field at the time of user registration.
Attach table sql.
my best regards
Ino
cmc_users_countries.sql

jms

Jul 13, 2017, 12:02:52 PM7/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
That list is in English (and is incomplete), which would mean that when using other languages, it would remain in English…

See http://travelerscenturyclub.org/countries-and-territories concerning the # of countries/Territories.

Thanks for your attention.

JM
> --
> <cmc_users_countries.sql>

Sergio Manzi

Jul 13, 2017, 12:45:02 PM7/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com

as far as regards "list of countries", do not forget the ISO 3166 series of standards (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166, https://www.iso.org/iso-3166-country-codes.html) and particularly ISO 3166-1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1)

smz

Chris Davenport

Jul 14, 2017, 7:28:09 PM7/14/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
I have used this on a project before: https://github.com/umpirsky/country-list

It's a list of all countries in multiple languages in a wide range of different formats.  And it's composer-installable!

I don't know how complete or accurate it is, but it looks pretty good.

Chris.

On 13 juil. 2017, at 15:08, ino wrote:

Hello,
I would like a suggestion if it is best to install a table on the joomla core or an xml file from a list of countries, so that you can call up the list field at the time of user registration.
Attach table sql.
my best regards
Ino

<cmc_users_countries.sql>