How to use JSON in Joomla?

Duyên Nguyễn

Oct 5, 2016, 6:00:32 AM10/5/16
to Joomla! General Development
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie with Joomla. I'm building a website for my dissertation. I use Ubuntu operation system. So I have some problems, I tried to search on the internet, but I'm not to find the question! :(( Please help me!
1. I use Asia Marine template, but I can't modify any files in this template.
2. I have to use JSON to store all data, and I don't understand how to do? When I create a new article, information will be stored in database, and I have to use function of JSON to convert it!?
3. Did you use Asia Marine template? Let add me into its forum, please!!!!!!

Sotiris

Oct 6, 2016, 7:00:39 AM10/6/16
to Joomla! General Development
Hello Duyên,

You seem to be having problems setting up a commercial template. In this case first of all you need to contact the company which developed this template.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is Web Design Builders the company responsible for your template.

Other than that, if indeed the template needs some sort of JSON then I'd strongly recomment that you choose a different template because it clearly isn't suited for new-comers.

My Regards,
Sotiris Katsaniotis
Partner Web Developer at Tassos.gr

sentix

Oct 6, 2016, 10:39:38 AM10/6/16
to Joomla! General Development
For what do you want to store data in JSON? Joomla is a content management system not a database software. What you need would require in some form a devloping of a component. In that component you can do whatever PHP would allow. JSON_ENCODE and JSCON_DECODE are to PHP commands to convert an object into a JSON string. This string can be stored within any place you want. But without programming an own extension, Joomla is not the right software for you.

Tomasz Kisielewski

Oct 6, 2016, 1:15:35 PM10/6/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Ubuntu is very good it doesn't have IE, but for web development is good, so no excuses ;)
Unless it is stated by your dissertation that you must use this particular template you can switch to some joomla frameworks, you may get better help, but templates in Joomla are for look and feel. Functionality is based on plugins, modules, components so I think this is the way to go for you. No needs to modify template files as your extension should work with all  Joomla's templates. Try JED, stackexchange and google,
I found this, but not sure if it is for you
https://docs.joomla.org/JSON_Responses_with_JResponseJson

Good luck
Tomasz

web design and development

www.tkstudiodesign.com

Duyên Nguyễn

Oct 9, 2016, 8:10:30 AM10/9/16
to Joomla! General Development
Thanks for all your comments! Now I am trying modify default template of Joomla. I think I will do it well, I didn't know to start where. But it's okay now! I hope that I can learn anymore with your support in the future! Thanks you again, goodnight! ^-^

Vào 17:00:32 UTC+7 Thứ Tư, ngày 05 tháng 10 năm 2016, Duyên Nguyễn đã viết: