Broken backend

Alfred Vink

Jun 8, 2016, 3:48:38 PM6/8/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Suddenly my backend seems broken, can’t reach a lot of my components, I just get a page with these errors:

Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /public_html/administrator/modules/mod_menu/tmpl/default_enabled.php on line 23

Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /public_html/administrator/modules/mod_menu/menu.php on line 94

Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /public_html/administrator/modules/mod_menu/tmpl/default_enabled.php on line 28

Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /public_html/administrator/modules/mod_menu/menu.php on line 94

Anybody a clue what’s going on here?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

Hannes Papenberg

Jun 8, 2016, 3:53:20 PM6/8/16
to Joomla! General Development

I'd say an update went wrong and your files are not up-to-date. Also, you enabled error reporting.

Mike Smith

Jun 8, 2016, 3:53:37 PM6/8/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
PHP version change on your host server?

brian teeman

Jun 8, 2016, 5:03:23 PM6/8/16
to Joomla! General Development, b10...@gmail.com
Sounds like you are now on php7 and you have hit this bug https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/10452

Alfred Vink

Jun 8, 2016, 5:08:07 PM6/8/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Yep, seems like it, thanks for pointing this out to me.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

Op 8 juni 2016 bij 23:04:18, 'brian teeman' via Joomla! General Development (joomla-de...@googlegroups.com) schreef:

Sounds like you are now on php7 and you have hit this bug https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/10452

Alfred Vink

Jun 8, 2016, 5:19:46 PM6/8/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Ok, applied the fix and all is working again, I can also confirm that apparently my host had upgraded to PHP 7.0.7
Thanks for the quick reply guys, highly appreciated !