A question for anyone working with RedComponent OAuth & Webservices

Eric Fernance

Nov 11, 2015, 8:29:58 AM11/11/15
to Joomla! General Development
Hi Folks,

This is a question for anyone with experience working with RedComponent & Webservices.

I'm building out a webservice for an existing J component to allow a mobile app for a client.  I have created an OAuth2 client and set the grant type to User Credentials (password for the actual OAuth2 grant type).

The user authentication is working just fine and the user get's their token and the relevant #__redcore_oauth_access_tokens table is updated and all looks peachy.

When I then try to hit the webservice for the read-list as soon as I set Authorization required I start getting back responses telling me I can't pass in an empty password.  Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?  It's working fine when I leave Authorization required to No.  Should I perhaps just leave it at No and validate the token myself in the getItems in the model?

Any pointers gratefully accepted as I feel like I'm going round in circles at the moment.

Eric.

Kristijan Zivcec

Nov 12, 2015, 6:56:17 AM11/12/15
to Joomla! General Development
Hi,

You need to get token first from oAuth2 server for your client...
Then with access_token you can access the webservice which is restricted either sending it in GET parameters or in header.
There is a documentation for it: http://redcomponent-com.github.io/redCORE/?chapters/oauth2/breakdown.md

and for webservices as well... http://redcomponent-com.github.io/redCORE/?chapters/webservices/breakdown.md

er...@digital-garage.com.au

Nov 13, 2015, 6:59:01 AM11/13/15
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kristijan,  Yep I got there in the end.   That's what I've now done and it all works well.

Thanks for your reply.

Eric.