A module's .xml install file - Do we have a full reference?

Ed Stafford

May 19, 2017, 11:26:42 AM5/19/17
to Joomla! General Development
Is there a reference to all of the options for the module/component/etc .xml file that describes all of the possible values?

I remember something quite a while back where I could add in the 'Admin' components to a package into the file and it'd split the two up nicely. I don't know, however, if that's still considered best practice or what.

Thanks for your help.

Ed

Michael Babker

May 19, 2017, 11:40:28 AM5/19/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/joomla/schemas was written at Joomla 3.3 as a validation for the various extension manifests.  I don't think too much has changed since then (off hand I know we added one tag for packages as noted in https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/13154 but I think that's it).

Ed

Alfred Vink

May 19, 2017, 11:47:18 AM5/19/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Info is a bit scattered, but look for Joomla manifest files and you’ll find some info.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

Ed Stafford

May 19, 2017, 12:07:18 PM5/19/17
to Joomla! General Development
That's exactly what I needed.  It also answered the question that only components can have the 'administration' section added into it.

Thanks!