Custom fields

Peter Szalatnay

May 17, 2017, 4:58:41 AM5/17/17
to Joomla! General Development
Hi,

I'm trying to find documentation on how to create a custom field. There is the new plugin folder for fields. But how do I link one to one of my custom component fields.

let say I have I quiz component with a JFormFieldModal_Quiz field to add quizzes to articles. I want to make this available to com_fields.

Do i create a plugin called modal_quiz and it automagically finds my fields as I cannot find the linking in the original plugins.

Cheers

Peter

Allon Moritz

May 17, 2017, 5:39:15 AM5/17/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Yes you need to make a new custom field plugin. An example of a simple gallery plugin can be found here https://github.com/Digital-Peak/DPFields/tree/master/plg_fields_dpfgallery.

Peter Szalatnay

Chris Paschen

May 17, 2017, 8:37:46 AM5/17/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com, Peter Szalatnay

Peter,

All the Joomla docs are just Wiki pages that you can (and should) update yourself. That's the best way for them to get better.

You do have to have an account on the docs site, but that's pretty quick to set-up using the on-site sign-up system.

Chris Paschen
Paschen Communications, LLC

Chris Paschen, President

Paschen Communications, LLC

p: (651) 204-9218 | e: cpas...@paschencommunications.com
m: Box 9207, St. Paul, MN 55109
w: http://www.PaschenCommunications.com

View Chris Paschen's LinkedIn profile View Chris Paschen's profile

Follow @cpaschen

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general.

Peter Szalatnay

May 17, 2017, 12:35:25 PM5/17/17
to Joomla! General Development
Another quick question. Is there a reason why custom fields is not rendered in user profiles view?

It is easy to create a override tmpl in my template and use the jcfields array. But it would be nice if it was rendering directly in the profile view.

[...]

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Allon Moritz

Peter Szalatnay

May 18, 2017, 12:08:49 AM5/18/17
to Joomla! General Development
Posted it as a bug on github.

I'm reading through this doc https://joomla.digital-peak.com/images/blog/JDD16%20Custom%20fields%20in%20Joomla%20for%20developers.pdf and trying to figure out what the layouts/field/prepare is for and when is it processed?

I did a quick search through the code for any references to field prepare and could not find anything.

Cheers

Peter

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 12:41:30 AM UTC+8, laoneo wrote:
[...]

Allon Moritz

May 18, 2017, 2:03:25 AM5/18/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
You just hit an obsolete file, this needs to be removed as it is obsolete, se my pr here https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/16099.

All the logic which prepares the value of a field is now in their own plugins for example this one here https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/staging/plugins/fields/calendar/tmpl/calendar.php

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general.

Peter Szalatnay

May 18, 2017, 2:27:09 AM5/18/17
to Joomla! General Development
Easy, was just in the doc so tried to figure out if it was used or not.

Cheers

Peter
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to joomla-dev-general+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general.