Cannot delete last style of a template

Nick Weavers

Feb 15, 2012, 11:39:24 AM2/15/12
to Joomla! General Development
Hi, I created a template, installed it and then wanted to uninstall
it. When I tried I got the following message in a blue message area.

"Cannot delete last style of a template".

Have I done something wrong in my template that would cause this?

I am using a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.1

Thanks,
Nick Weavers

Jeremy Wilken

Feb 15, 2012, 11:46:45 AM2/15/12
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
As it says, you cannot delete the last 'style'. There are 'templates' and 'styles', which a 'style' is a specific configuration for a template. If you have it set to default, then you will have problems removing it. Otherwise, if the style set as 'default' is not linked to the template in question, make sure you uninstall it from the Extension Manager->Manage tab. Deleting it in the Template Manager does not delete the template, but only the specific style configuration, and each template requires at least one style.

Nick Weavers

Feb 15, 2012, 2:51:05 PM2/15/12
to Joomla! General Development
Jeremy,

Thanks for your help.

Can you point me at somewhere I can read about the relationship
between templates and styles, and what styles are?

Nick

Jeremy Wilken

Feb 16, 2012, 12:23:50 PM2/16/12
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com