Losing Menu Params after redirect

Glenn Arkell

Feb 3, 2018, 10:32:07 PM2/3/18
to Joomla! General Development
Since an upgrade to 3.8.4 I'm no longer getting menu parameters.  I've always used getMenu()->getActive() in my initial listing of records and then used the necessary parameters.  This works fine until you click on a record to "manage" it and then upon return to the list I no longer have the menu params.  Any guidance appreciated.  Cheers.
Glenn

ste...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2018, 5:46:13 AM2/4/18
to Joomla! General Development
3.8.5 rc published yesterday reverting some routing changes. Give that a try see if helps.

Steve

Glenn Arkell

Feb 4, 2018, 4:38:20 PM2/4/18
to Joomla! General Development
Thanks Steve, I'll give it a try.  Cheers. Glenn

Glenn Arkell

Feb 4, 2018, 4:43:49 PM2/4/18
to Joomla! General Development
Yep that fixed it.  Cheers.  Glenn

Marvin_Martiano

Feb 4, 2018, 4:44:39 PM2/4/18
On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 3:32:07 AM UTC, Glenn Arkell wrote:
Since an upgrade to 3.8.4 I'm no longer getting menu parameters.
Yes I got stung by that upgrade too, on one component...

All was fine except all within-component hyperlinks were faulty, a bit fatal for a book-viewing-application. So any page and paragraph could be correctly asked, but any link clicked there went wrong. For me you could see the parameters weren't all lost, it was between JRoot and "?q=Y&r=Z" parameters a faulty part /com_mycomponentname got inserted, as well as the first parameter "p=X&" missing. (Variables p for book, q for page and r for paragraph, each defaulting to one if not supplied.)

See e.g. https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/19504 --- someone else in trouble gets it fixed with a specific patch.

For me the solution was as simple as restoring to the Akeeba Backup that's automatically made just before updating, because my data are static (classic books, not updated catalogs).

ste...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2018, 6:06:57 AM2/5/18
to Joomla! General Development
Good news! glad to hear it is sorted Glenn

Steve