Change component menu access?

3v3r...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 9:37:24 AM3/29/18
to Joomla! General Development
Inspired from here:

https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=727&t=960355#p3518894

Seems that the normal way of Joomla to get, easily, an access on the site part to our components is by using the

<path_to_com_mycomponent/site/views/mycomponent/tmpl/default.xml>…

So, we only get access to our component's site part as a menu item…

It is semantically, so misleading, moreover, it is totally illogical, since:

—the first place we are looking for any entry will be in the Module menu… not in the Menu items…

—we can expect to get easily an entry as a module (using the default.xml), instead of a menu item for our components, since usually, a component/plugin/add-ons has a site/public part which is something other than a simple menu…

—there is nothing in the documentation that explain that, and the tutorial is very misleading…

Why it works like this? Is there any hope to get a better documentation and design?