EOF error

Alfred Vink

Mar 10, 2017, 6:17:02 AM3/10/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Some users of my component report that some jQuery code of my component gets shown instead of run.
This happens only to some, but I can’t put my finger on it.
Anybody any clue as to the reason that this might happen?

On their site it looks like:

And my code says:

However the EOF error only shows on their site…
Tried fiddling with single and double quotes but didn’t do the trick.
I’ll try and see if they have a PHP version in common….

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

Mike Smith

Mar 10, 2017, 10:34:11 AM3/10/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
</script> !!
Where does it start???

Alfred Vink

Mar 11, 2017, 1:00:07 PM3/11/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
It starts earlier in the code, but I think its irrelevant to this error.
Somehow the doding stops after the </div> tag in the string.
Still think iT somehow has to do with wrong quoting, just can't seem to get iT right or understand why this only errors on some servers.

Gr. Alfred

Op 10 mrt. 2017 om 16:33 heeft Mike Smith <b10...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

</script> !!
Where does it start???
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Alfred Vink <alf...@alfsoft.com> wrote:
Hi Guys,

Some users of my component report that some jQuery code of my component gets shown instead of run.
This happens only to some, but I can’t put my finger on it.
Anybody any clue as to the reason that this might happen?

On their site it looks like:

<Schermafbeelding 2017-03-10 om 12.12.29.png>

And my code says:

However the EOF error only shows on their site…
Tried fiddling with single and double quotes but didn’t do the trick.
I’ll try and see if they have a PHP version in common….

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

becyn82

Mar 12, 2017, 10:25:21 PM3/12/17
to Joomla! General Development
Maybe because there is a </script> tag inside the the <div> ?
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general.

Alfred Vink

Mar 13, 2017, 7:30:53 AM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, sorry guys.
I didn’t explain that properly….

My code says:
if (!optfields[0] == ""){

But somehow on some server setups the actual page source ends up like:
So, for whatever reason the </script> tag gets bumped up in the code or is added somehow.
Now I can’t seem to figure out why this happens on only a few setups.
Could this be because of some plugin ?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

Mike Smith

Mar 13, 2017, 9:52:31 AM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a link to a page where I can see this problem occurring?

Mike

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general.

Alfred Vink

Mar 13, 2017, 9:56:18 AM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

Op 13 maart 2017 bij 14:52:43, Mike Smith (b10...@gmail.com) schreef:

73E0D19C-18DA-4730-93AB-C046A744EA2A

Mike Smith

Mar 13, 2017, 10:04:25 AM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you are not closing your large script code block after the last function "function displayWordCounter()"

Mike

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general.
73E0D19C-18DA-4730-93AB-C046A744EA2A

Alfred Vink

Mar 13, 2017, 10:10:50 AM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking a look.

Actually I do, check out the page source of my own, functional, website.
But that’s the whole point: somehow the </script> tag is bumped up in the code on some sites.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Alfred Vink

Op 13 maart 2017 bij 15:04:33, Mike Smith (b10...@gmail.com) schreef:

0047B444-C4E7-46CA-A5F8-740B2FA0C637

Mike Smith

Mar 13, 2017, 10:20:27 AM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. firstly the server PHP version should not have anything to do with this as far as I am concerned.
First thing I would suggest then is that you check your source files ARE exactly the same and that the one being served is actually the same one and not something cached, try putting an id marker comment in the script block to check this........

Mike
0047B444-C4E7-46CA-A5F8-740B2FA0C637

Hannes Papenberg

Mar 13, 2017, 4:32:38 PM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
So looking at the code, this is simply broken. I doubt that this works
on another site/server. In the end, you have broken HTML in your
javascript call (there is no way that you can have a closing script tag
inside another element.) and I would guess that you can not have the
string </script> inside a javascript in your HTML, since the browser
will first lex and parse the HTML before executing any Javascript and in
that case, it will at one point see a closing script tag and close the
script element at that moment, treating the rest of the JS as normal
HTML content. Long story short: You have to remove the </script> from
the JS. Maybe you have a plugin that inserts this, check that next.

Hannes

Am 13.03.2017 um 15:10 schrieb Alfred Vink:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for taking a look.
>
> Actually I do, check out the page source of my own, functional, website.
> But that’s the whole point: somehow the </script> tag is bumped up in
> the code on some sites.
>

> Met vriendelijke groeten,
> Alfred Vink
>
> Op 13 maart 2017 bij 15:04:33, Mike Smith (b10...@gmail.com
> <mailto:b10...@gmail.com>) schreef:
>
>> Looks like you are not closing your large script code block after the
>> last function "function displayWordCounter()"
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 1:56 PM, Alfred Vink <alf...@alfsoft.com
>> <mailto:alf...@alfsoft.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I have 2 examples with the error:
>>
>> http://www.virginiamoose.org/index.php/about-us/contact-us
>> <http://www.virginiamoose.org/index.php/about-us/contact-us>
>>
>> http://ksm.co.zm/contact-payroll <http://ksm.co.zm/contact-payroll>
>>
>> My own webpage, which shows normal:
>>
>> http://www.alfsoft.com/contact
>>
>> Met vriendelijke groeten,
>> Alfred Vink
>>
>> Op 13 maart 2017 bij 14:52:43, Mike Smith (b10...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:b10...@gmail.com>) schreef:
>>
>>> Do you have a link to a page where I can see this problem occurring?
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Alfred Vink <alf...@alfsoft.com
>>> <mailto:alf...@alfsoft.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, sorry guys.
>>> I didn’t explain that properly….
>>>
>>> My code says:
>>>
>>> if (!optfields[0] == ""){
>>>
>>> But somehow on some server setups the actual page source ends up like:
>>>
>>> So, for whatever reason the </script> tag gets bumped up in
>>> the code or is added somehow.
>>> Now I can’t seem to figure out why this happens on only a few
>>> setups.
>>> Could this be because of some plugin ?
>>>
>>> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Met vriendelijke groeten,
>>> Alfred Vink

>>> --
>>>

>>> --
>> --
>>

>> --

Alfred Vink

Mar 13, 2017, 4:47:57 PM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hannes,

I know it doesn't work with the script tag there....
The point is how does it end up there, because I didn't put it there.
A plugin ?
Maybe, but so far I haven't found any commonalities between the two broken sites in that regard.

Alfred
> To post to this group, send an email to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com.

Mike Smith

Mar 13, 2017, 5:02:01 PM3/13/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alfred,
I thought I responded earlier, before I had to go out.
I suggested that you check the source code file on the "problem" servers is correct and place an id comment in the code to check that this actually is the file being served.

Mike