front-end: getListFooter or getPagesLinks?

Ruud van Lent

Jul 12, 2017, 8:10:14 AM7/12/17
to Joomla! General Development
Hi,

I am struggling with the pagination on a list view.
When setting the pagination with echo $this->pagination->getListFooter();

It displays the pagination info, but on some templates the icons get mixed up, are double / overlapping, etc.
On those templates echo $this->pagination->getPagesLinks(); works better, but this doesn work on some other templates...

What I have done now is give the user the choice from the backend wihich one to use, but this is an 'easy' / 'lazy' fix.

What would be the best (joomla) way to provide the listview with pagination that will work on most templates?
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Todor Iliev

Jul 25, 2017, 11:55:34 AM7/25/17
to Joomla! General Development
Hi,
If you would like, you can override the layouts of the pagination.

Here you are more information.
https://joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/16092/how-to-override-joomla-article-pagination

I guess, you will have to override joomla layouts in that folder.

layouts/joomla/pagination

Ruud van Lent

Jul 29, 2017, 8:49:48 AM7/29/17
to Joomla! General Development
Thanks for your reply,
I know you can override (cool feature :)), but I am developing an extension and do not have control over the users website / template / overrides for where he/she installs this extension.
Therefore I am looking on some best practice from a developers point of view on which to use as default in components: getListFooter of getPagesLinks.

Viper

Jul 29, 2017, 12:27:39 PM7/29/17
to Joomla! General Development
1. On most templates
<?php echo $this->pagination->getPagesLinks(); ?><br/>
<?php echo $this->pagination->getResultsCounter(); ?>
<?php echo $this->pagination->getLimitBox(); ?>
will do anything you need.