Suggestion Regarding Composer Integration

Dave

Feb 12, 2018, 8:38:26 AM2/12/18
to Joomla! General Development
Hi, I am an extension developer. I have been reading some of the discussions about allowing extensions to add composer dependencies without having to use CLI tools.

You guys may have already thought of this, but I will propose and idea that had - just in case.

The PHP Manual states that .phar files can be included in regular scripts. The composer tool is a .phar file. If you can include the composer.phar file, then maybe there is a way you could invoke composer.phar 's entry point/s. You may also need to suppress/buffer/capture the output.

Dave

Feb 12, 2018, 8:41:34 AM2/12/18
to Joomla! General Development