Fabrik to display pure ascii list view

Troy Hall

May 11, 2016, 7:22:17 PM5/11/16
to joomla-dev-general
I hope someone can help me...
I'm needing to display a form ( with filters ) that will take a entry
and display it using <pre></pre> or some other method where its in a
pure ascii format so that spaces and spacing is retained.
The exact character count and format is vital!!!
Any idea how this can be accomplished?
There are 3 fields that matter... and a 4th that is the source...
1) datetime
2) observatory
3) designation of the object
4) Entry record ( record of the actual observation made )

These are the filter fields...
the 3rd one has to be searched from the 4th which is a text field.
once its filtered it will display all matching 4th fields in an ascii
list format.
Appreciate the help
Bear

Walt Sorensen aka photodude

May 12, 2016, 11:17:51 AM5/12/16
to Joomla! General Development
I believe full ASCII is only available in Joomla 3.5 with a database that is utf8mb4 compatible.

but there is also no built-in field type for ASCII See https://docs.joomla.org/Standard_form_field_types

Which brings us to creating custom field types https://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_custom_form_field_type

Troy Hall

May 12, 2016, 7:58:53 PM5/12/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
when I use a "text" field and have the form field as raw it should be fine shouldn't it?
Bear

brian teeman

May 13, 2016, 3:48:46 AM5/13/16

On Friday, 13 May 2016 00:58:53 UTC+1, Bear wrote:
when I use a "text" field and have the form field as raw it should be fine shouldn't it?

Completely insecure but it will do what you want

Bear

On 5/12/2016 10:17, Walt Sorensen aka photodude wrote:
I believe full ASCII is only available in Joomla 3.5 with a database that is utf8mb4 compatible.

but there is also no built-in field type for ASCII See https://docs.joomla.org/Standard_form_field_types

Which brings us to creating custom field types https://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_custom_form_field_type

Troy Hall

May 13, 2016, 4:08:22 AM5/13/16