developing new feature that depends on PR that is RTC?

Ruud van Lent

Mar 20, 2018, 5:00:43 AM3/20/18
to Joomla! General Development
Hi,

I am developing a new feature for com_fields that will add (IMO) necessary extra functionality to fully use fields in content and user profiles.

Because of a bug in the current implementation of com_fields a seperate patch was created and after a lot of discussion / approaches it is finally tested successful and currently has the RTC status.

Now that this PR is RTC I want to develop and create a PR for my new functionality to the Joomla repo. My repo has no changes overlap (in files) with the bug PR, but without the bug PR my PR will not work correct: there is a dependency between the bug PR and my PR.

As I am a noob when it comes to a lot of thing, but especially to github, my question is how I can create a PR for the joomla repo with the dependency to the bug PR (that is not yet in staging but is RTC status)?

Currently the joomla Patch component tester only allows one patch to be tested: so first applying the bug PR and then my PR will not work?

What is the best approach in handling this?
Any tips are welcome :)

regards,
Ruud.

Ruud van Lent

Apr 7, 2018, 11:19:03 AM4/7/18
to Joomla! General Development
Just for reference and to answer my own question: I 'Cherry Picked' the PR that was in RTC into my own PR. That did the trick :)