Load backend component on to the frontend.

Alejandro Arroyave

Jul 9, 2017, 6:03:50 PM7/9/17
to Joomla! General Development
Hello,

I want to know if is possible load a backend component on to the frontend and controls the views and the tasks using of the ACL Joomla feature. Is it possible?

Thanks for answers.

Walt Sorensen aka photodude

Jul 9, 2017, 7:22:42 PM7/9/17
to Joomla! General Development
Not really. Joomla uses an MVC design and the frontend and backend are separate. There are two ways to work around this, 1) copy your back end model and modify it for the front end (a violation of DRY programming) or 2) use FOF3 which has an HMVC design allowing for models to be reused.

Hello World FOF3 example in just 5 simple steps. https://github.com/photodude/FOF3-Basic

The FOF3 wiki getting started page will also give you some guidance. https://github.com/akeeba/fof/wiki/Getting-started-with-a-FOF-component

Michael Babker

Jul 9, 2017, 8:17:35 PM7/9/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
It's tricky but it can be done.  Look at com_media as a very rough example.

There are some config values you can push into the MVC classes to force them to load resources from a specific path by default.  Otherwise they use defaults based on the active application.  You'll have to read the MVC class constructors and the factory methods to make sense of this.

Alejandro Arroyave