Media Form Field Stopped Working

Glenn Arkell

Sep 10, 2017, 6:55:04 PM9/10/17
to Joomla! General Development
Can anyone shed some light on why my media form fields stopped working?  Several components I created some years ago are having problems with selecting an image in a media form field type.  All I get is a small pop up window showing the word "Change" and "Image" and a cancel button.  Has something changed while I wasn't paying attention?  Cheers.
Glenn

Glenn Arkell

Sep 11, 2017, 2:02:44 AM9/11/17
to Joomla! General Development

Allon Moritz

Sep 11, 2017, 2:08:38 AM9/11/17
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Set error reporting to maximum in your Joomla configuration and debug to yes, any error printed?

Glenn Arkell

Sep 11, 2017, 2:17:41 AM9/11/17
to Joomla! General Development
Absolutely no messages.  This is in the admin side by the way.

product.xml
    <field name="prod_img" type="media" directory="merchandise"
        label="COM_MYCOMP_FORM_LBL_PRODUCT_PROD_IMG"
        description="COM_MYCOMP_FORM_DESC_PRODUCT_PROD_IMG" />

edit.php
<?php echo $this->form->renderField('prod_img'); ?>

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Glenn Arkell <glenn...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 8:55:04 AM UTC+10, Glenn Arkell wrote:
Can anyone shed some light on why my media form fields stopped working?  Several components I created some years ago are having problems with selecting an image in a media form field type.  All I get is a small pop up window showing the word "Change" and "Image" and a cancel button.  Has something changed while I wasn't paying attention?  Cheers.
Glenn

Glenn Arkell

Sep 20, 2017, 9:27:52 PM9/20/17
to Joomla! General Development
Further investigation revealed:
  • worked fine in 3.6.5
  • failed in 3.7.0+
  • Compared code from another component with a media field which works fine on the same website - admin "product" (singlular) controller, model, table and view files all reflect the same code
    Both components were originally built using Component Creator and a fresh build of the failing component made no difference at all - so nothing wrong with CC
Because another component works on this same site, I've deduced that the core is fine and the template is not imapcting it and there wouldn't appear to be any conflict from other modules/plugins etc.

Any suggestions welcome.  Cheers.

Glenn Arkell

Sep 20, 2017, 9:39:29 PM9/20/17
to Joomla! General Development
Please ignore my stupidity. . . . it was in my component CSS file.  Cheers.