Use case for Fabrik

Troy Hall

May 11, 2016, 7:18:09 PM5/11/16
to joomla-dev-general
I'm using Fabrik to do some form handling and need to pull the data from
a table and display it in a graph with very high precision.
mysql has datetime(5) which is not natively supported in Fabrik. They
are recommending instead of using datetime to use field and treat the
date time as common text.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/critical-problem-with-datetime-precision.44032/
my need is to display a high res graph with one axis being the magnitude
( nn.n ) and the other being the exact date/time of the observation...
YYYY-MM-DD H:i:ss.uuuuu
Here's a sample timestamp.. 2002-11-13 07:03:5.1840
The microseconds matter greatly!!!!
is Fabrik the right tool for this and more importantly what data type
should the date time field be?

Appreciate the help.
Bear

Viper

May 12, 2016, 2:15:40 AM5/12/16
to Joomla! General Development

Troy Hall

May 12, 2016, 2:22:00 AM5/12/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
I did that which is what datetime(5) is!  The query was whether using fabriks methods will accomplish what I need.
Bear

Chris Paschen

May 12, 2016, 10:13:12 AM5/12/16
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com

Troy,

Have you tried asking in the Fabrik forum?
There's a good group of developers there that have specific experience with Fabrik and are usually willing to help answer general questions, even without a purchased support subscription (esp. the 'can this do that' type question).

I'm not sure that any follow this forum here though.

Chris Paschen
Paschen Communications, LLC

Chris Paschen, President

Paschen Communications, LLC

p: (651) 204-9218 | e: cpas...@paschencommunications.com
m: Box 9207, St. Paul, MN 55109
w: http://www.PaschenCommunications.com

View Chris Paschen's LinkedIn profile View Chris Paschen's profile

Follow @cpaschen