hyper-v vs xampp

Troy Hall

Jun 11, 2017, 9:41:23 PM6/11/17
to joomla-dev-general
Hey guys, I need some advice.. I"m trying to setup a portable lamp stack
so I can use exactly the same environment on my laptop or tablet.
I don't think I should use wamp because although everything works fine,
I have to create a user on both devices. Everything else syncs fine.
I can use xampp or hyper-v ( with linux cinnamon ) but I don't know if I
should or not.
Appreciate the thoughts / advice.
Bear

ghazal

Jun 17, 2017, 7:08:40 AM6/17/17
to Joomla! General Development
Hi, have you ever tried bitnami stacks ?
Here is their LAMP stack:

https://bitnami.com/stack/lamp

Walt Sorensen aka photodude

Jun 17, 2017, 8:26:08 PM6/17/17
to Joomla! General Development
bitnami also has a Joomla specific stack

https://bitnami.com/stack/joomla

they also have docker images which have been popular containers with devs

Some developers like using vagrant for virtualization and/or Container platforms like hyper-v, VirtualBox, VMware or Docker to provision VMs or container.