understanding ACL and categories

chris.r...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2016, 8:14:33 PM9/11/16
to Joomla! General Development
Hi All;

Since this is my first time writing a serious joomla extension, I'm afraid I'll be needing some help understanding the workings......

I've followed the "mvc component" tuturial through, making categories and items within that category.

Now I'm following the tuturial
https://docs.joomla.org/Adding_ACL_rules_to_your_component

Whenever I try to add a new item to my extension, it gives me the error

1054 Unknown column 'alias' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `#__assets` SET `name`='com_datagrill.application.14',`title`='co_datagrill.application.14',`rules`='{}',`parent_id`='64',`level`='3',`lft`='123',`rgt`='124',`alias`=NULL WHERE `id`='75'

Now since this error is about the 'alias' field, and categories have this column, I suppose JForm is trying to access a category whereas it should be processing an item ???

When I fire up phpmyadmin and add a colum 'alias' to the table '__assets' everything works just fine. But i suppose that's cheating and I need to understand better.

Could someone please give me a pointer? Thanks a lot in advance.

chris.r...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2016, 9:57:02 AM9/12/16
to Joomla! General Development
By the way, it's a fresh install of the latest joomla version. Checked the assets table and it only has one root. My components actually creates a new item just fine, with rules and assets as expected. And than it dies. I've spent about 15 hours on this error now and starting to feel a little helpless