How to print in Joomla?

PGS

Aug 13, 2016, 7:55:21 AM8/13/16
to Joomla! General Development
I have a list view (a table) and I want to print the table 's content in the printer.
How can I do this?

I tried the &tmpl=component, but this displays the whole page and not just the content of the table.

Johan Janssens

Aug 14, 2016, 7:29:32 PM8/14/16
to Joomla! General Development
Using tmp=component is good approach. You will need to further optimise by creating a print stylesheet, hide the html elements you don't want to be printed in the stylesheet and optimise the styling for printing.

Happy coding!

Johan

PGS

Aug 15, 2016, 9:37:05 AM8/15/16
to Joomla! General Development
Good idea! How didn't I think of it?

I 'm also thinking of exporting the data in a pdf, how could I do this?
I think joomla has something embeded related to pdf?

brian teeman

Aug 15, 2016, 9:42:37 AM8/15/16
to Joomla! General Development
Joomla 3.x does not but you could check out http://www.phoca.cz/phocapdf