Mailing List Rules

Andrew Eddie

Mar 24, 2013, 7:38:05 PM3/24/13
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Before we get into the rules, what is this mailing list for?

About the Joomla Framework Mailing List

This mailing list is for asking questions about the Joomla Framework code that can be found at:
The mailing list is set up for Q&A format to please ask any questions you have about using the Joomla Framework, improving it, fixing it or even future directions.

Documentation

API documentation for the Joomla Framework can be found at http://joomla.github.com/joomla-framework/index.html and basic technical information can be found in the README files in each package.

Some additional documentation is available here: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework/tree/master/docs

There is also more information about the Joomla Framework available at http://developer.joomla.org

Contributing

If you want to know how to contribute to the Joomla Framework, read this first: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.markdown

Pull requests can be made against the Joomla Framework here: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework/pulls

Bugs

If you find a bug and you don't know how to fix it, please raise a new issue here: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework/issues

If you find a bug and do know how to fix it, please make an appropriate pull request.

Mailing List Rules

We want to keep this mailing list as open and "moderation free" as possible because it's just easier and less work for everyone that way. To do that, keep the following principles in mind.

Try to keep new posts limited to one question or one common theme - you will get better answers that way.

Pick a good, descriptive subject line for your question. It helps set the stage for what you want to talk about.

The Joomla project has multiple development mailing lists so please ask the right question in the right place. For example, this is not the mailing list to talk about general support for the Joomla CMS (unless, for example, you are wanting to use Joomla Framework code in your extension).

Assume the best in people. We deal with many different people from many different cultural and professional backgrounds so take that into account when reading and replying to posts. Remember that English is not everyone's first language so what they are saying is not always what they mean so "assume" that, on the whole, people mean well. Above all, treat people how you like to be treated in return.

Developers are passionate people and we love that - just use common sense when making your points, and make them quickly. We respect the right for people to disagree with each other providing everyone is treated with dignity in the process.

Inappropriate behaviour will earn you a holiday from this mailing list for a time.

We try to avoid locking threads as much as possible, but we will consider it if a discussion is disruptive, if the same question has been cross-posted across multiple lists, or there is a good reason like a discussion has a time limit.

Finally, do your part to help make this list a place where you and others can find solutions to your development problems and where we can all grow as a developers. As iron sharpens iron, so to can we sharpen each other.
This conversation is locked