Start Work with Framewok

Ashish [Php Team Head]

Mar 31, 2014, 5:31:20 AM3/31/14
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Hope you are doing great!!

***********************************

I read out the Joomla framework as theory and installed composer and still am working over Ubuntu System with Joomla Latest versions.

*I just want to know how will start the work with joomla framework. I mean here, what will be the first step to code and where i code and how to install it and how to configure over ubuntu system.

I just want to start work with Joomla framework, kindly give me the way and share your experience :)

***********************************

Thanks
Ashish

Dmitry Rekun

Mar 31, 2014, 3:00:44 PM3/31/14
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashish!

Get the Sample Application

The easiest way to get to know the Joomla! Framework is to start with the sample app.

  1. Install Composer.
  2. Download this sample app repository from GitHub.
  3. Run "composer install".
  4. View in your browser.
General documentation about the Joomla Framework can be found under the /docs folder of joomla framework repository. In addition, each package has documentation in a README.md file.

Dmitry

Rob Stocker

Apr 1, 2014, 11:06:05 AM4/1/14
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've followed the instructions for Daves demo framework app . My link is here: http://46.19.37.66/framework-app/www/

As far as I can tell

the routing is not working.
All the links on the page are broken.
I  manually installed the database

"In order to bootstrap the Joomla Framework, you are required to define a single constant, JPATH_ROOT. This should point to the root of your application structure, the directory that contains the src and vendor directories."

I cannot tell whether this is in the root of the joomla framework where the src and vendor folders are  :

/framework-app/vendor/joomla/framework

or the root of the application structure

/framework-app/

However it also looks to me like JPATH is already defined in

/framework-app//www/index.php

I'm assuming JPAth has successfully been defined if I can get the front page.

My question is : What is the next step so that I can complete the plumbing and access the news pages?

thanks in advance

Rob

---

Rob  - EMC23
085 843 3282
in...@emc23.com
www.emc23.com

Techbot

Apr 1, 2014, 6:58:23 PM4/1/14
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just trying to figure this out:

If http://46.19.37.66/framework-app/www/news just gives me a 404, then do I assume it must be a server configuration/ .htaccess issue since

a) the front page works
b) It's a real 404 (I think) not a Joomla generated one so it is actually looking inside /news for a file.

?

I am getting this error on 2 different server setups (both Ubuntu ,but different versions of php5 etc). These same server setups have hosted numerous other joomla CMS configurations.

Eric Fernance

Apr 1, 2014, 7:26:15 PM4/1/14
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes you need a .htaccess for the routes to work correctly but the framework-app includes the .htaccess file.

Have you got a www/.htaccess file?  It shows up in the github repo?

Eric.

signature.asc

Rob Stocker

Apr 1, 2014, 8:08:01 PM4/1/14
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yep , I simply could not get the routing to work. In fact it's now 1:00am and I've just removed the .htaccess and updated the route.json  to accept index.php/news as a url

"index.php/news": "\\Controller\\NewsController",

see here: http://46.19.37.66/framework-app/www/index.php/news/

In fact I would recommend that this additional route is added to the githubrepo as a falback. One less thing to break (being whatever is wrong with my setups)

I will return to the htaccess in a few days/weeks, because I'm eager to get stuck into code. I've been using symfony2 to access a Joomla 2.5 installation and I want to do the same with the JFramework. (I also use the deprecated Jplatform to access the same installation).

thanks for the response.

Thomas Lang

Jul 5, 2014, 9:56:33 AM7/5/14
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com, in...@emc23.com
hi,

because i just stumbled upon the same routing issue.
Following this guide worked for me: http://www.jarrodoberto.com/articles/2011/11/enabling-mod-rewrite-on-ubuntu
Eric.