Hide the native insert/edit image in Tinymce

ced1870

Apr 13, 2016, 4:04:37 AM4/13/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi
I don't find a way to remove the native Tinymce image button, which is useless as we have the Joomla! image button
Then we have 2 image buttons which is not great.

I'm looking in the editor plugin options, but there is no option for that.
Anyone knows how to do ?
Thanks
CEd

brian teeman

Apr 13, 2016, 11:24:11 AM4/13/16
to Joomla! CMS Development

ced1870

Apr 14, 2016, 2:13:45 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
thank you Brian for the answer, this means that we have to hack the code to do that.
An option would be welcome right ?

Bakual

Apr 14, 2016, 2:54:54 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
You can copy and rename the plugin and then adjust your "own" editor plugin to your liking.

Dwi Rianto

Apr 14, 2016, 3:32:01 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi CEd,

You may switch to Simple functionality mode: Go to Plugin > Editor - TinyMCE > on the Plugin tab, see Functionality > select Simple > Save and Close.

Warm regards,
DRP

ced1870

Apr 14, 2016, 6:59:51 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
"You can copy and rename the plugin and then adjust your "own" editor plugin to your liking"
>> interesting idea :)

@dwi : thank you but I don't want a simple editor, I want to disable this duplicate button and keep all others features :)

May be someone knows if there is a plan to integrate a link button that would search for the menu links, like do JCE ? this would be very great and then be integrated into the Joomla! behavior. Actually putting a menu link with tinymce is a bit hard

Robert G Mears

Apr 14, 2016, 8:22:36 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
@ced1870

You can disable the Joomla Image Button under Plugins.

ced1870

Apr 14, 2016, 8:39:14 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
@robert : I want to keep this one which allows to search for an image on the website :)
I want to disable the useless image button native from Tinymce to avoid having 2 buttons. For me this could be done by default in the joomla core

Robert G Mears

Apr 14, 2016, 8:56:45 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
@ced1870

I want to disable the useless image button native from Tinymce to avoid having 2 buttons.

I know. You can also choose whether or not to display the Media button in TinyMCE. Seems the option to disable the Image button needs to be added there, too.

brian teeman

Apr 14, 2016, 9:44:52 AM4/14/16
to Joomla! CMS Development

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 13:39:14 UTC+1, ced1870 wrote:
@robert : I want to keep this one which allows to search for an image on the website :)
I want to disable the useless image button native from Tinymce to avoid having 2 buttons. For me this could be done by default in the joomla core

So submit a pull request

brian teeman

ced1870

Apr 21, 2016, 2:04:09 AM4/21/16