Joomla 3.x router and articles urls

Brunus V

Mar 16, 2015, 6:36:03 AM3/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First, sorry if this subject had been already discussed, I purged 200 more mails of this list before having to deal with this problem.

Usualy I install SH404SEF for url rewritting and I don't see this problem, but now I have a Joomla Website on wich I can't use SH404SEF and I just seen that with Joomla's default SEF engine : Articles urls have IDs inside.

I think this is ugly : myjoomlasite.com/category/121-my-article-title

I seen there is solutions but it's core hacks and it's overwrited on each updates.

My question is : Will we have a settings for this in the Joomla admin to get rid of those IDs in urls or will this stay like this ?

Thanks for any answer.

Sincerely.

Bruno.

Leo Lammerink

Mar 16, 2015, 6:41:26 AM3/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hannes Papenberg has rewritten the entire router software (major job) and we are awaiting till these Pull Requests have been tested properly

Leo

Bakual

Mar 16, 2015, 11:51:13 AM3/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
The routing changes done by Hannes will not let you remove the IDs as far as I know.
It's not an option currently and not in the near future. You need 3rd party tools like sh404sef to achieve this.

On 3/16/2015 5:35 PM, Brunus V wrote:
Hi all,

First, sorry if this subject had been already discussed, I purged 200 more mails of this list before having to deal with this problem.

Usualy I install SH404SEF for url rewritting and I don't see this problem, but now I have a Joomla Website on wich I can't use SH404SEF and I just seen that with Joomla's default SEF engine : Articles urls have IDs inside.

I think this is ugly : myjoomlasite.com/category/121-my-article-title

I seen there is solutions but it's core hacks and it's overwrited on each updates.

My question is : Will we have a settings for this in the Joomla admin to get rid of those IDs in urls or will this stay like this ?

Thanks for any answer.

Sincerely.

Bruno.

Hannes Papenberg

Mar 16, 2015, 12:44:16 PM3/16/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
That is not exactly correct. I will provide such an option. If the PLT
accepts that, is a different thing.

Hannes

Am 16.03.2015 um 16:51 schrieb Bakual:
> The routing changes done by Hannes will not let you remove the IDs as
> far as I know.
> It's not an option currently and not in the near future. You need 3rd
> party tools like sh404sef to achieve this.
>
> Am Montag, 16. März 2015 11:41:26 UTC+1 schrieb Leo Lammerink:
>
> Hannes Papenberg has rewritten the entire router software (major
> job) and we are awaiting till these Pull Requests have been tested
> properly
>
> Leo
>
> On 3/16/2015 5:35 PM, Brunus V wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> First, sorry if this subject had been already discussed, I purged
>> 200 more mails of this list before having to deal with this problem.
>>
>> Usualy I install SH404SEF for url rewritting and I don't see this
>> problem, but now I have a Joomla Website on wich I can't use
>> SH404SEF and I just seen that with Joomla's default SEF engine :
>> Articles urls have IDs inside.
>>
>> I think this is ugly :
>> myjoomlasite.com/category/121-my-article-title
>> <http://myjoomlasite.com/category/121-my-article-title>
>>
>> I seen there is solutions but it's core hacks and it's overwrited
>> on each updates.
>>
>> My question is : Will we have a settings for this in the Joomla
>> admin to get rid of those IDs in urls or will this stay like this ?
>>
>> Thanks for any answer.
>>
>> Sincerely.
>>
>> Bruno.
>> --