Re: [jcms] Digest for joomla-dev-cms@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 1 topic

Joseph Cardwell

Mar 25, 2015, 12:28:52 PM3/25/15
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see Joomla become a single page app. Probably using AngularJS, but it would be nice to build it out so that we can replace Angular without ripping out the entrails of the server side code.

I'd also toss JTable and move to Eloquent. I hate Laravel's controllers but Eloquent is, well, so eloquent.

Might as well require Composer and use its autoloader.

Frankly the best part about Joomla, is the content management. If we can get that functionality into sync with these modern frameworks, it would cut the development energy for the project immensely, greatly expand available documentation overnight, and free development to focus on expanding usability and functionality.

Not to mention coders who are comfortable with these technologies would be enticed into engaging the project.