ACL, PR to test urgently

jms

Jun 12, 2016, 3:05:32 AM6/12/16
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
As most know, ACL is in a very bad shape.
In the last weeks, Roland did a lot to solve these issues.

To complete his work, we need urgent tests on this extensive PR by André:
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/10793

According to my tests, that should be a release blocker until merged.
It would be a pity to release 3.6.0 with broken ACL…

Thanks for your attention.

JM

Webdongle Elgnodbew

Jun 12, 2016, 4:53:36 AM6/12/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
I had a look but am confused

3: When a "Denied" permission is inherited the calculated permission is "Not Allowed (Locked)"
After this PR the text was changed to "Not Allowed (Inhreited)"

It was my understanding that
' When a "Denied" permission is inherited the calculated permission is "Not Allowed (Locked)"
Is the way it is supposed to work but the patch changes that ?

What is the reasoning of overriding the 'Hard' Denied by changing it from 'Locked' to Inherited ?