Issues with Administrator modules

piotr_cz

Jul 29, 2016, 3:46:30 AM7/29/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Hi,
I've found two issues with administration modules and I'm interested if anyone else is having them:

Administrator modules caching

When enabled caching in global configuration, there are no cache entries created for administration modules.
Many modules don't allow any caching method (Caching: No caching), but some (like mod_quickicons) inherit caching method from global configuration.
I've tested in Joomla 3.4.8 and Joomla 3.6, logged as user in Super Users group and reloaded admin panel main page. Only folders created in cache folder are:

_system
com_plugins
fof

Statistics module

Another issue is that the module mod_stats_admin (Site information) doesn't show up in control panel.
I fixed that by changing it's original access from Super Users to Public and then back to Super Users. I don't remember ever seeing this module in fact I didn't knew it exists.

brian teeman

Jul 29, 2016, 4:08:43 AM7/29/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Dont know about caching and to be honest I think caching of the admin is pretty silly

As for the stats module. Its installed by default on the testing sample data. I use it all the time. I just checked and it is set to public in the testing data

piotr_cz

Jul 29, 2016, 4:23:23 AM7/29/16
to Joomla! CMS Development
Are you sure you are mean module with title: 'Site information' module with Server information and Site information?
mod_stats_admin.png

brian teeman

Jul 29, 2016, 7:19:09 AM7/29/16
to Joomla! CMS Development

On Friday, 29 July 2016 09:23:23 UTC+1, piotr_cz wrote:
Are you sure you are mean module with title: 'Site information' module with Server information and Site information?

yes