3.7.0 B2 login issues

ste...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 10:34:44 AM2/13/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Installed beta 2 on a test server over  3.6.5 which required users to log in to access the site. I can access the admin side but not the front end of the site.
I get no warnings or messages. when I enter the usernames and passwords and press enter the site just hangs and a this page can not be loaded message displays after a few minutes.

If I remove the &itemid=101 from the URL I can get to the login screen but still can not log in to the site
index.php/component/users/?view=login&Itemid=101

my apache log shows
index.php/component/users/?view=login  HTTP/1.1" 303 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko"

I tried disabling login form but that did not have any effect, anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this let me know.
Steve

Webdongle Elgnodbew

Feb 13, 2017, 2:35:46 PM2/13/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Try installing the beta 2 fresh (not on top of an existing install) ... do you have the same error ?

ste...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 10:29:41 PM2/13/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
No on a fresh install it works ok

ste...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2017, 11:27:37 AM4/30/17
to Joomla! CMS Development
Still experiencing Log In issues using the released version of 3.7.0 - I am also able to reproduce it on a fresh install of 3.7

To reproduce set all the menu items to registered once the home menu item is set to registered the site will not load. the session appears to add the itemid=101 to the URL and the login form will never load, removing the item id allows the login form to show but the form is not processed and the page just fails to load and I end up with 403 messages.

Steve